Bienvenidos

¡Hola amigos!

This summer I'll be studying Spanish in Turrialba, Costa Rica, thanks to a generous grant from the Brookline Education Foundation. I'll be posting photos, stories, and fun activities just for you while I'm there. Come explore Central America along with me by following this blog!

Be sure to sign up below for for email alerts so you don't miss any new posts!

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

El Mar Caribe

¡Hola, amigos!

I am now back in Massachusetts, and am looking forward to seeing you all in school tomorrow! I wanted to make one last post about my trip to Costa Rica before saying goodbye to summer. 

I spent my last days in Cahuita, a very small town on the Caribbean coast of Costa Rica. Below are my favorite pictures from this part of my trip. 



Cahuita es una ciudad muy pequeña. Está al este, cerca del mar Caribe.


El hotel en Cahuita también es muy pequeño, pero muy bonito. Es como una cabina.


El hotel está muy cerca a la playa. El océano aquí es el mar Caribe. El agua no es frío. ¡Es muy excelente para nadar!


En el restaurante del hotel, es posible ver cocodrilos grandes en el río. Les gustan comer los huesos [bones] de pollos del restaurante. El cocinero da los huesos a los cocodrilos todos los días. En tu opinión, ¿es buena mascota un cocodrilo?


También es posible ver unos monos en los árboles cerca del hotel. Este es un mono capuchin, con su cara blanca.


En Cahuita, hay dos playas diferentes. Esta playa se llama la Playa Blanca.


Y esta playa se llama la Playa Negra. La diferencia es obvia, ¿sí?


En las ciudades de la costa Caribe, hay casas de muchos colores brillantes. Las casas son pequeñas pero muy bonitas.


También hay flores de colores brillantes. Estas flores grandes y rojas son muy típicas.

I hope you had a great summer. I know I did! See you soon!

2 comments:

  1. I think you had a very fun time in costa rica.I love the way you made a poster.But the problem is that I can not understand beacause I am new.Thank you for making a poster even though you are not teaching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jiwoo! Since you are new, you might have a better time looking at my blog for the younger grades. More of it is in English, and the Spanish words I do use are ones you might already remember from class. You can find it at http://vamosacostaricak2.blogspot.com.

      Delete